Welcome

This blog tries to be
a home for those who enjoyed posting
on the old BBC Word of Mouth Message board
— and anybody else with an interest in language.

If you want to start a new discussion, please do one of the following:

• Add your new point as a comment here (Click)
or
• Become a follower and email your text to me.

REMEMBER Before you compose a posting Sign in (Top Right)
Before you publish Save your text somewhere (as a precaution)

Thursday 7 July 2011

Author! Author!

Want to become an author? That would seem to be the solution for the problem that so far only I've been the only person capable of starting a thread.

Let me know (by email or in a comment) that you would like to be able to start threads and I will make you an author, thus turning this into a group blog.

I've only just discovered this possibility, so I can't tell you exactly how it will work. It could be fun finding out!

UPDATE
I've learned a little more about how it works. All you need to do is
  1. create a google account
  2. send me your email address
I'll then fix it so that you can create your own posts and edit them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes, I might like that, thanks David. In the meantime I have a query. Someone has asked on another forum when the style of writing 'shippe' for 'ship' and 'beste' for 'best' etc stopped. We have been reading an historical document (you prefer a historical document, don't you?) from about 1575 and it uses these longer forms. I have looked my David Crystal Encyclopedia of Language, but I need one of English more. I couldn't quite find it there.

    Thanks, Caro.

    ReplyDelete